Northwest Consumer Discount Company, hereafter "the Company", respects the privacy of our customer(s) private information and intends to protect that privacy. We are committed to providing confidential service of the highest integrity to our customers.
Information We Collect
When you visit Northwest Consumer Discount Company’s website, we may collect certain types of information from you, such as information you voluntarily provide via forms, surveys, applications, etc. We may also collect information about you from your online browsing and transactions, including your preferences, pages visited, technical information regarding your computer and operating systems, such as your Internet protocol address, domain name and system configuration and settings.
Browsing Our Website
On pages where you have not logged in, you can browse anonymously by not providing us with any personal identifiable information, such as your name or email address, during your visits.
On pages where you have logged in, you cannot browse anonymously after you have identified yourself, unless you set your browser to disable cookies and similar files, or by deleting the cookies and similar files you have accepted from us. To do this, you will need to follow your browser’s instructions for disabling or deleting cookies. Please note that the use of certain online products, such as Online Banking, requires the acceptance of cookies or similar files.
Cookies, Similar Files and Other Technologies
1. Web-browsing cookies to display information more effectively to you and to gather data about the usage of our website.
2. Online banking cookies to identify you and differentiate you from other users.
RESTRICTIONS ON ACCOUNT INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
Specific account information cannot be accessed unless any one of the following items occurs:
- The customer requests or authorizes the release of information, or
- The requested information is needed to complete a transaction initiated by the customer, or
- Such information is provided to a reputable credit bureau or similar information reporting agency, or
- Disclosure is legally required or permitted.
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
MAINTAINING CUSTOMER ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
The Bank has procedures in place to respond timely to requests regarding inaccurate information. You should contact us immediately at 1-800-364-5626 or e-mail us at email@example.com if you have information that you believe inaccurately portrays your banking relationship with us.
PROVIDING PRIVACY INFORMATION TO CUSTOMERS
We make our policy regarding confidentiality of customer information available publicly. Customers who have questions regarding our policy or the privacy of their customer information may contact us during normal business hours or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROTECTION OF SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS
Social Security Numbers are treated as confidential information under Northwest Consumer Discount Company’s Protecting the Privacy of Customer Information Policy. As such, Social Security Numbers may only be accessed by and disclosed to Northwest Consumer Discount Company employees and others with a legitimate business “need to know” in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Social Security Numbers, whether in paper or electronic form, are subject to physical, electronic and procedural safeguards and must be stored, transmitted and disposed of in accordance with the provisions of our Protecting the Privacy of Customer Information Policy applicable to confidential information. These restrictions apply to all Social Security Numbers collected or retained by Northwest Consumer Discount Company in connection with customer, employee or other relationships.
PROTECTING CHILDREN’S PRIVACY ONLINE
Northwest Consumer Discount Company does not knowingly solicit data from children and we do not knowingly market to children. We recognize that protecting children’s identities and privacy online is important and that the responsibility to do so rests with the Internet industry and with parents.
The Internet is a public network. Children’s access to the Internet can allow them to visit inappropriate websites and be exposed to unwanted risks. COPPA, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, protects children under the age of 13 from the online collect of personal information. For more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act visit the FTC website at http://www.ftc.gov/ .
SITE LINK DISCLAIMER
Through our Company's Website, we provide links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Northwest Consumer Discount Company is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly of any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
DO NOT CALL POLICY
- Northwest Consumer Discount Company (NCDC) complies with the law and regulations and is committed to protecting and respecting consumers' rights to privacy.
- NCDC maintains a record of the name and telephone number(s) (both customers and non-customers) will be added to the NSB Internal Do Not Call List within five (5) business days of receipt of such request. This record will be retained for at least five (5) years.
- Consumers are responsible for notifying NCDC of any changes in name or telephone number if they move or wish to place a new telephone number on the NCDC Internal Do Not Call List. Consumers are responsible for notifying NCDC if there is more than one telephone line or number that they wish to place on the NCDC Internal Do Not Call List.
- Consumers have additional avenues to them which will help reduce or eliminate unwanted telephone solicitations. Consumers may place their telephone number(s) on the National Do Not Call Registry by calling 1-888-382-1222 or online at http://www.donotcall.gov/. The Direct marketing Association also offers a free service called "Telephone Preference Service". Consumers may register for this service by sending a written request to:
Telephone Preference Service
Direct Marketing Association
P.O. Box 1559
Carmel, NY 10512
- As a general rule, NCDC does not currently engage in telemarketing activities. However, NCDC has established and implemented written procedures to honor consumers' requests that they not be solicited, and appropriate personnel have received training. Procedures include consultation of both the National Do Not Call Registry and the NCDC Internal Do Not Call List prior to making any telephone solicitation.
- Telephone solicitation calls to consumers with whom NCDC has an established business relationship are permitted unless they have asked to be included on the NCDC Internal Do Not Call List. Calling customers regarding their existing accounts with NCDC does not constitute a telephone solicitation call.
- No unsolicited facsimile solicitations will be initiated.
- Consumers may request a copy of the Policy. Upon receipt of request, we will send a copy via U.S. mail within a reasonable time period of thirty (30) days.
- If you have any questions or comments regarding NCDC's Do Not Call Policy, you may contact:
Compliance Department - Do Not Call List
Northwest Savings Bank
P.O. Box 128
Warren, PA 16365
Northwest Consumer Discount Company (Northwest Consumer) complies with the law and regulations and is committed to protecting and respecting consumer’s rights to privacy. Northwest Consumer will use email to provide the most relevant information regarding Northwest products and services.
To protect your privacy, messages from Northwest Consumer will never ask you for any information through an email requesting that you provide personal information to us such as account number, social security number or driver license number. If you receive an email appearing to be from Northwest Consumer requesting personal information, please do not respond and contact our Security Department immediately at 1-800-364-5626.
If you prefer not to receive email offers for products or services from Northwest Consumer's Marketing Department, you must send an email to email@example.com with “No Promotional Emails” in the SUBJECT line. Northwest will honor your request within thirty (30) days of receipt.